Adult Mental Health
Find below a list of Mental Health Resources that you may find useful for your own Mental Health journey. You may also wish to register on this website (see registration section on the right hand side) for occasional non-promotional local NHS information emails by Dr Kittel and Forest Health PPG.
- A list of Mental Health Self Support Messages by Dr M Kittel
- A list of counselling and other support organisations in and around Bracknell. For direct access to IAPT during COVID-19 click here
- The excellent “Books on Prescription” service by Bracknell Library
- PHQ9 and GAD7 are good markers of Depression and Anxiety, respectively. You can self score for depression here: https://www.mdcalc.com/phq-9-patient-health-questionnaire-9 and for anxiety here https://www.mdcalc.com/gad-7-general-anxiety-disorder-7. Please send the results of the completed forms to me / the GP who has pointed you to this website.
- NEW: Probiotics appear to be excellent self help in reducing depression. See here for more information https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/probiotics-alone-or-combined-with-prebiotics-may-help-ease-depression/
Child Mental Health
Click here for a self help leaflet on Child Anxiety